GIFT version 3.0 is now available for download by registered users on the GIFT Portal (http://gifttutoring.org).
Download the file here: https://gifttutoring.org/projects/gift/files
New features/capabilities include:
- Integration with TC3Sim (aka VMedic), including assessment using the SIMILE assessment engine
- Ability to run GIFT in a single process using the Single Process Launcher (SPL)
- Export Tutor capability which allows creation of a redistributable tutoring capability in a single zip file requiring minimal installation.
- New Pedagogical Model (eMap)
- Metadata Authoring Tool
- Human Affect Recording Tool (aka HART) application (not integrated with GIFT)
- GIFT Kinect Decoder (used to process Kinect data captured by GIFT)
- Instructional Strategies increased sophistication
- XML Schema Changes
- Internal Message Queuing
- Integration of new Sensors: Microsoft Kinect, Multisense Sensor, BioHarness Sensor, OS3D Sensor
- Tutor User Interface HTML Guidance
- New Domains
- Several new Surveys
- Survey Scoring Capability
- Hyper-linked HTML documentation
- AutoTutor conversational dialogues based on LSA assessment, AutoTutor scripts, and GIFT pedagogy.
After downloading more details are available in the release notes.