GIFT VR-Forces Plugin 2022-1¶
The GIFT VR Forces Plugin allows GIFT to communicate and interact with VR Engage (yes VR Engage).
Run the GIFT installer and follow the VR Engage Training Application configuration instructions. For more detailed instructions, follow the instructions in the GIFT Installation procedures.
The GIFT plugin can be configured once it is installed using the file ‘VrfGiftPlugin.properties’ in the ‘plugins64/vrForces/release’ folder of the VR Engage install directory.
- This sets the port number for the plugin to use to communicate with the GIFT Gateway module. If you change this property verify that it matches the Gateway module’s port number for its interop connection to the GIFT VR Engage Plugin. Consult the “Gateway Module Interop Connection Settings” section in the Configuration Settings document for more details on configuring VR Engage with GIFT.
- Value Type: Integer
- Default: 1234
Note: see https://gifttutoring.org/projects/gift/wiki/Configuration_Settings_2022-1#External-applications for more information on VR Engage and GIFT network ports.
- Sets the level of logging messages wrote to the file, similar to Log4j log levels; greater log level logs all the lesser log level messages as well i.e. INFO level logging will log all INFO messages and ERROR message
- Possible Values: OFF, ERROR, INFO, DEBUG, ALL
- Default: ALL
- The location of the folder relative to <VR-Engage Install Dir>/bin64 in which to store the log files
- Default Value: ../plugins64/vrForces/release/gift-logs
Logs for the plugin can be found in the ‘plugins64/vrForces/release/gift-logs’ directory of the VR Engage install directory.