GIFT SE Sandbox Plugin 2023-1¶
- GIFT SE Sandbox Plugin 2023-1
- Note on Name
Note on Name¶
As of September 2021, the application referred to here as "HAVEN" has been renamed to "SE Sandbox", or "Synthetic Environment Sandbox".
Display names in GIFT were been updated accordingly in September 2021, so that the UI and images shown to users will refer to SE Sandbox instead of HAVEN. However, most references within code and config files are unchanged.
Unlike VBS and VR-Engage, there is no software managed by the GIFT project that is used to communicate with the SE Sandbox training application. This page is meant to describe the GIFT Gateway module interop plugin class that is used to communicate between GIFT and SE Sandbox directly. With this integration effort we were able to directly work with the SE Sandbox developers to create the necessary network logic directly embedded into the SE Sandbox release.
- In the "SE Sandbox" tag, find the value called "SESandboxHostIpAddress".
- Replace "SESandboxHostIpAddress" with the IP address of the computer that is running the SE Sandbox host (NOTE: The SE Sandbox host can be run on the same computer as GIFT, but the computer's IP address must be used. A "localhost" IP address does not work).
- The default values for the networkPort and grpcNetworkPort should be left as they are.
SE Sandbox Host/Client Configuration:¶
When running a SE Sandbox host, no configuration is necessary. Choose your scenario and click the "Start Host" button.When running a SE Sandbox client, after choosing your scenario, you will see two text boxes under the word "Client"
- In the IP address text box, enter the IP address of the computer running the SE Sandbox host. Similarly to the GIFT configuration, a SE Sandbox client can run on the same computer as a SE Sandbox host, but
- In the port number text box, leave the default value.
The SE Sandbox course object can use the "Script" activity type in the Course Creator. It can currently be used only to disable or repair an entity's primary weapon.
This uses the following format:
simulationId disableWeaponControl isWeaponDisabled
Replace simulationId with the integer simulation ID of the entity to disable or repair.
Replace isWeaponDisabled with true if the weapon should be disabled, or false if the weapon should be repaired.
To see simulation IDs for entities in SE Sandbox, click the Backspace key when running a scenario. This will produce a JSON file in a SE_Sandbox_Data subfolder of the folder where SE Sandbox is running. That JSON file lists entities with names and simulation IDs.