GIFT RIDE Plugin 2022-1¶
- GIFT RIDE Plugin 2022-1
Unlike VBS and VR-Engage, there is no software managed by the GIFT project that is used to communicate with the RIDE training application. This page is meant to describe the GIFT Gateway module interop plugin class that is used to communicate between GIFT and RIDE directly. With this integration effort we were able to directly work with the RIDE developers to create the necessary network logic directly embedded into the RIDE release.
- In the "RIDE" tag, find the value called "RIDEHostIpAddress".
- Replace "RIDEHostIpAddress" with the IP address of the computer that is running the RODE host (NOTE: The RIDE host can be run on the same computer as GIFT, but the computer's IP address must be used. A "localhost" IP address does not work).
- The default values for the networkPort and grpcNetworkPort should be left as they are.
RIDE Host/Client Configuration:¶
When running a RIDE host, no configuration is necessary. Choose your scenario and click the "Start Host" button.When running a RIDE client, after choosing your scenario, you will see two text boxes under the word "Client"
- In the IP address text box, enter the IP address of the computer running the RIDE host. Similarly to the GIFT configuration, a RIDE client can run on the same computer as a RIDE host, but
- In the port number text box, leave the default value.
The RIDE course object can use the "Script" activity type in the Course Creator. It can currently be used only to disable or repair an entity's primary weapon.
This uses the following format:
simulationId disableWeaponControl isWeaponDisabled
Replace simulationId with the integer simulation ID of the entity to disable or repair.
Replace isWeaponDisabled with true if the weapon should be disabled, or false if the weapon should be repaired.