End User License Agreement (EULA)
Generalized Intelligent Framework for Tutoring (GIFT)
Generalized Intelligent Framework for Tutoring (GIFT) Version 2021-1 END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") governs use of the GIFT software accompanying this EULA, which includes reproducible computer software (source code) and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT" or "SOFTWARE"). By exercising your rights to make and use copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, you may not use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The use of the term SOFTWARE PRODUCT does not refer to non-reproducible (binary), pre-compiled software, and data (e.g., surveys) which are distributed with GIFT and shall be referred to as DERIVATIVE WORKS.
Software PRODUCT LICENSE
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. US Government makes no warrantees regarding the performance of this SOFWARE and you use it at your own risk. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed and may not be sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
- Installation and Use. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Reproduction and Distribution. You may reproduce and distribute an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for your use;
DERIVATIVE WORKS of GIFT shall be branded according to the GIFT style guide, making clear that this adaptive training capability is a DERIVATIVE WORK of GIFT by displaying the following on the initial page (splash page) that displays the title of the DERIVATIVE WORK:
- One of the approved GIFT logos (see www.GIFTTutoring.org to download approved logos) in a space that is a minimum of 350 pixels wide and maintains the aspect ratio of the original GIFT logo.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
All users have the option to share this content with the GIFT user community by providing content to US ARMY DEVCOM Soldier Center as outlined in SUBMISSION OF CHANGES TO GIFT section below.
3. SUBMISSION OF CHANGES TO GIFT. The growth of GIFT is based on the concept of community benefit and community development. Users of GIFT make up the GIFT community and benefit from investments in capabilities developed for GIFT. GIFT users may use GIFT components to author and/or analyze intelligent tutoring systems, their components, processes, models, modules or other functional elements. GIFT users are encouraged to submit software changes to the GIFT architecture to US ARMY DEVCOM Soldier Center, free of licensing restrictions or fees, to be considered for incorporation in future GIFT baselines. See the section of this document titled “CLARIFICATIONS” for explanation of terms and conditions as to what constitutes a change to the GIFT architecture. Software changes should be provided via mail to: US ARMY DEVCOM Soldier Center STTC, ATTN: LITE Lab - GIFT Changes, 12423 Research Parkway, Orlando, Florida 32826. Alternatively, changes can be made available in private form via web-based software sharing resources such as GitHub, SVN, SourceForge, or equivalent, with a notification sent by post or announced on www.gifttutoring.org.
NO WARRANTIES. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any related documentation is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT remains with you.
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. In no event shall US Government be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this product.
This EULA is governed by U.S. Federal laws. Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact US Army DEVCOM Soldier Center for any reason, please contact through the www.GIFTTutoring.org website.
US ARMY DEVCOM Soldier Center