End User License Agreement¶
End User License Agreement (EULA)
Generalized Intelligent Framework for Tutoring (GIFT)
Generalized Intelligent Framework for Tutoring (GIFT) Version 2021-1 END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR ARMY RESEARCH LABORATORY (ARL) SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This ARL End-User License Agreement
("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and ARL for the GIFT software accompanying this EULA, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT" or "SOFTWARE"). By exercising your rights to make and use copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, you may not use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Software PRODUCT LICENSE
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
- Installation and Use. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Reproduction and Distribution. You may reproduce and distribute an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT; provided that each copy shall be a true and complete copy, including all copyright and trademark notices, and shall be accompanied by a copy of this EULA. Copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be distributed as a standalone product or included with your own product.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
- Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA.
- Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, ARL may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
3. COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT
(including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by ARL or its suppliers. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the SOFTWARE PRODUCT like any other copyrighted material.
4. SUBMISSION OF CHANGES TO GIFT. GIFT is based on the concept of community benefit and community development. Users of GIFT make up the GIFT community and benefit from investments in capabilities developed for GIFT. GIFT users may use GIFT components to author and/or analyze intelligent tutoring systems, their components, processes, models, modules or other functional elements. GIFT users are required to submit software changes to the GIFT architecture to ARL to be considered for incorporation in future GIFT baselines. Software changes should be provided via mail to: ARL-HRED-STTC, ATTN: LITE Lab - GIFT Changes, 12423 Research Parkway, Orlando, Florida 32826
NO WARRANTIES. ARL expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any related documentation is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT remains with you.
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. In no event shall ARL or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this ARL product, even if ARL has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
This EULA is governed by U.S. Federal laws. Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact ARL for any reason, please contact the U.S. Army Research Laboratory through the GIFTTutoring.org website.