GIFTSYM 8 CALL FOR PAPERS
Mark your calendars!! We are excited to announce GIFTsym8 will take place 27-29 MAY 2020 in Orlando, FL!!
CALL FOR PAPERS ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
is the eighth annual Generalized Intelligent Framework for Tutoring (GIFT) Users Symposium. GIFTSym8 invites GIFT designers, developers and practitioners to submit technical papers about their ideas, experiences, and lessons-learned in using GIFT to author and evaluate Adaptive Instructional Systems (AIS).
GIFT is an open source, empirically-based, service-oriented framework of tools, methods and standards to make it easier to author computer-based tutoring systems (CBTS), deliver and manage instruction, and assess the effect of adaptive instruction, CBTS, components and methodologies. GIFT is being developed under the Adaptive Tutoring Research Science & Technology project at the Learning in Intelligent Tutoring Environments (LITE) Laboratory, part of the US Army Combat Capability Development Command – Soldier Center’s Simulation and Training Technology Center (CCDC-SC STTC).
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
• Full papers (5-10 pages using template) describing design, application, and/or science-based potential enhancements to GIFT.
• Short papers (3-4 pages using template) describing standards opportunities for AISs. This will form the basis for a separate session on the applicability of standards for AIS development.
• Demonstration (3-4 pages using template) showcasing mature use cases that highlight advancements in GIFT’s utility across performance assessments, pedagogical reasoning and coaching, data visualization, adaptive and intelligent training, and after action reviews.
Abstracts are required to be extended abstracts (minimum 800 words) covering the focus of your paper, results/conclusions and recommendations.
Abstract Submission Deadline - 08 March 2020
Acceptance Notification - 20 March 2020
Paper Submission Deadline - 28 April 2020
Presentation Submission Deadline – 14 May 2020
GIFTSym8 – 27-29 May 2020, Orlando, Florida
• AI and Machine Learning for AISs
• Collective and Team-Based Methods
• Measurement and Assessment
• Standards for Adaptive Instructional Systems (AISs)
• Authoring Tools
• Domain Modeling
• Individual Learner Modeling
• Instructional Management
• AIS Architecture and Ontology
• After Action Review (AAR)
• Competency Modeling
• Dr. Benjamin S. Goldberg (Program Chair)
• Dr. Anne M. Sinatra
• Dr. Keith Brawner
• Dr. Greg Goodwin
• Dr. Joan Johnston
• Dr. Jeanine DeFalco
• Ms. Elyse Burmester
• Mr. Michael Hoffman
GIFTSym8 proceedings will be published by U.S. Army Combat Capability Development Command – Soldier Center (CCDC-SC)
The conference will be held at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida. Exact location will be shared as GIFTSym8 approaches.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to Dr. Goldberg at email@example.com